Blue Note Therapeutics is a prescription digital therapeutics company singularly dedicated to transforming mental health care for cancer patients. We aim to make mental health care available to any cancer patient at any time by merging deep scientific and clinical expertise, neuroscience, and digital innovation. Working closely with leading cancer centers, community oncology, and teams of patients, Blue Note is developing clinically validated prescription digital therapeutics to help reduce anxiety, depression, and other distress related to cancer. For more information, visit us at www.bluenotetx.com.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Product Designer for our full line of products used by cancer patients and survivors. Our growing product line consists of mobile applications and games that are classified as medical devices by the FDA (SaMD, DTx, PDTx). This position will partner closely with product managers, engineers, clinical experts and patient advisors to produce best-in-class products that address a significant unmet need for individuals experiencing cancer.
Summary Of Key Responsibilities
- Work with product managers and other members of the team to understand diverse user needs, product requirements and solutions
- Conduct user and design research across diverse user groups, including useability and validation testing, to inform product and feature designs
- Create wireframes, prototypes and user flows to effectively communicate design ideas
- Conduct design sessions, workshops and sprints to inform product features and solution designs
- Craft pixel perfect mockups and design specifications for engineering and product development team
- Identify and inform preferred design tools and methods for Blue Note Therapeutics
- Understand agile and inclusive design methodologies and apply this mindset to all aspects of your work
- Manage multiple projects/products varying in size and complexity
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Hone the UI brand guidelines and build out a design system across Blue Note product portfolio
- Engage cross functionally on occasion with design support needs outside of product, such as web or digital marketing assets as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ years experience of UX/UI design experience. This includes, but is not limited to user and design research, conducting usability testing, prototyping (clickable prototypes), interaction design, user controls, wireframes, mockups, visual design,leading design workshops etc.
- Experience with design applications such as Figma, Adobe XD, or similar.
- Deep understanding of design thinking and human centered design principles and methods
- Experience applying inclusive design principles and accessible design preferred
- Experience designing mobile applications is required with game design experience a plus
- Design in the context of healthcare or wellness products, mental health, and/or B2C products is helpful
- Familiarity with Waterfall/Hybrid/Agile/SCRUM/etc methodology
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers, supervisors, team
- Ability to perform field research (e.g., site visits and interviews with healthcare professionals and patients)
- Adaptable to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with shifting demands
- Outstanding project management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to diplomatically advocate for the user, communicate informed design rationale and value
- TRAVEL: Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, as needed
The statements herein describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree
- Equivalent combination of experience and/or education may be considered
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have direct experience and knowledge of design applications and tools, G Suite applications, collaboration and virtual team applications.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be required (subject to state and local COVID restrictions and guidelines) to visit hospitals, cancer clinics, patient homes; sit; stand or remain stationary for extended periods of time and use hands and fingers as well as talk and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requirements for Remote Work
- A quiet workplace to perform work duties and participate in virtual meetings
- Must live in a location that can leverage an existing reliable high-speed internet and phone service
- Minimum upload speed 5 MB/s, preferred upload speed 25 MB/s
- Minimum download speed 25 MB/s, preferred download speed 50 MB/s
- Candidates must provide and meet all technical requirements prior to the first day of work
To learn more, please introduce yourself to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.