Blue Note Therapeutics is a prescription digital therapeutics company singularly dedicated to transforming mental health care for cancer patients. We aim to make mental health care available to any cancer patient at any time by merging deep scientific and clinical expertise, neuroscience, and digital innovation. Working closely with leading cancer centers, community oncology and teams of patients, Blue Note is developing clinically validated prescription digital therapeutics to help reduce anxiety, depression and other distress related to cancer. For more information, visit us at www.bluenotetx.com.
We have an immediate need for a Quality Assurance Engineer specializing in the testing of cross-platform mobile applications and RESTful APIs. Our engineers love learning new skills and new technologies, solving difficult and challenging problems, and find great satisfaction in building rock-solid software solutions that are performant, scalable, and reliable.
Summary Of Key Responsibilities
- Design and implement test plans for data intensive, mobile applications and RESTful APIs
- Write and perform tests to identify software problems based on product specifications
- Prioritize and plan testing activity
- Analyze defects identified during testing to identify root cause
- Properly document defects and root cause analysis for return to engineers for correction
- Recommend improvements to software to enhance and improve user experience
- Maintains updated knowledge of industry standards, trends, and advancements in testing and test automation
- Identifies opportunities to streamline and improve the overall testing process
- Looks for ways to increase test automation and improve existing automation
- Reviews UI/UX for consistency, functionality, and friendliness
- Mentoring junior QA engineers
- Planning and estimating testing on new projects and features
- Collaborating closely with product, design, and engineering departments to achieve high quality software outcomes
Qualifications and Skills
- Professional quality assurance experience with relevant tools and technologies such as Jira and Selenium
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement comprehensive test plans
- Understanding of the nuances of testing Android and iOS applications
- Experience with Jira
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work remotely
- Ability to work autonomously with limited oversight
- Demonstrated ability for learning new technologies and becoming effective in those technologies quickly
- (preferred) Experience working on HIPAA-compliant applications in the healthcare space
- The statements herein describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or assigned
- TRAVEL: Ability to travel if needed (infrequent)
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required
3 or more years in a Software Engineering/Development or equivalent combination of training and experience.
3 or more years in React Native mobile development required
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft software applications, internet capabilities, virtual team applications. Should have professional experience using the various tools utilized in software development (Visual Studio Code, WebStorm, Xcode, Android Studio, Git, device emulators, etc.)
A detailed and complete solution to an assigned take-home engineering challenge will be required of all candidates who advance past the technical screening.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be regularly required to sit; stand or remain stationary for extended periods of time and use hands and fingers as well as talk and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requirements for Remote Work:
- A quiet workplace to perform work duties and participate in virtual meetings
- Must live in a location that can leverage an existing reliable high-speed internet and phone service
- Minimum upload speed 5 MB/s, preferred upload speed 25 MB/s
- Minimum download speed 25 MB/s, preferred download speed 50 MB/s
- Candidates must provide and meet all technical requirements prior to the first day of work
To learn more, please introduce yourself to us at email@example.com.