Blue Note Therapeutics is a prescription digital therapeutics company singularly dedicated to transforming mental health care for cancer patients. We aim to make mental health care available to any cancer patient at any time by merging deep scientific and clinical expertise, neuroscience, and digital innovation. Working closely with leading cancer centers, community oncology and teams of patients, Blue Note is developing clinically validated prescription digital therapeutics to help reduce anxiety, depression and other distress related to cancer.
We have an immediate need on our Product Development Team for our first Architect/Technical Lead to oversee the architectural vision for a suite of technical products and system design using modern technology stacks with a core focus on reusability, scalability and performance to ensure the proper architecture is implemented. To apply, please introduce yourself to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary Of Key Responsibilities
- Ensure our internal IT framework operates properly
- Leads Backend, Front-end and Full Stack engineering tasks in the implementation of highly-scalable, secure production systems
- Collaborates with Product and Engineering internal/external stakeholders to design and build platform services that meet key product and infrastructure requirements
- Produce both high-level and detailed designs for platform-level services
- Authors clean, scalable, modular, secure, well-structured and testable code
- Defines patterns and develops reusable components and libraries
- Designs and implements backend services with thoughtfully-defined APIs
- Takes ownership of designed services and platform components through development to delivery
- Clearly communicates architectural decisions, roadblocks and timelines to key stakeholders
- Adheres to all industry best practices and standards for Agile/Scrum Frameworks adopted by the Organization including but not limited to daily stand-ups, grooming, planning, retrospectives, sprint reviews, demos, and analytics via systems (JIRA) administration to directly support initiatives set by Product Management and the Organization at large
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven experience as a Technical Architect or Technical Lead
- Experience in B2C SaaS and mobile solutions with software development and system administration
- Understanding of strategic IT solutions
- Experience in project management and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Familiarity with various operating systems and databases: Linux, PostgreSQL
- Experience in cloud technologies and services: Amazon Web Services (AWS), CI/CD processes
- Familiarity with mobile development game-frameworks (e.g. Unity)
- An excellent communicator who is able to translate complex requirements into functional architecture.
- Hands-on experience on software development and be able to manage complex programs
- Fluency with the full software development lifecycle using Agile methodologies
- Ability to conceptualize end-to-end system components across a wide range of technologies and translate into architectural design patterns for implementation
- Comfortable failing fast and working in a cross-disciplinary team environment
- A clear understanding of Functional and Object-Oriented programming paradigms, as well as their advantages and disadvantages
- Working knowledge and understanding of AWS required
- The statements herein describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or assigned
- TRAVEL: Ability to travel up to 30% of the time as needed
Education and/or Experience
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience designing, building and deploying high-availability backend services in an architect or senior development role
- 4 or more years in the following required: Cloud Architectures on AWS
- 4 or more years in the following required: Mobile App development (native or cross-platform)
- 1 or more years of experience utilizing the following software development and collaboration tools preferred: JIRA, Slack, TestRail
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and experience with Microsoft software applications, Google G Suite applications, virtual team applications, and fluency of working with data and data analysis.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be regularly required to sit; stand or remain stationary for extended periods of time and use hands and fingers as well as talk and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requirements for Remote Work:
A quiet workplace to perform work duties and participate in virtual meetings
Must live in a location that can leverage an existing reliable high-speed internet and phone service
Minimum upload speed 5 MB/s, preferred upload speed 25 MB/s
Minimum download speed 25 MB/s, preferred download speed 50 MB/s
Candidates must provide and meet all technical requirements prior to the first day of work
To apply, please introduce yourself to us at email@example.com. Talk to you soon!